Sunday, September 19, 2010

Feeling a Bit Better

I've been trying to take it easy the last week or so and recovery from my rough day at the Rochester Marathon.  I've been going to the gym and lifting weights.  I haven't run much, but I've used the elliptical and stationary bikes. 

Today I drove out to Newark to run with my friend that ran the Greenlakes 50k and the Rochester Marathon with me.  The plan was a nice and slow 8.5 miles with a few small hills. 

The run was very uneventful.  We kept it slow and chatted.  Around mile five my knee started getting uncomfortable, but not bad.  We plugged along until about mile 7.5 and started to walk as a cooldown.  The run was slow, but it felt good to do a few miles.  I'm going to take a few more days off before getting into training again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions and suggestions are always appreciated. I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are an a$$hole.