Monday, August 2, 2010

The Morning After a Long Run

I got a great night's sleep and woke up this morning feeling pretty good.  I was expecting to be sore and tired.  I am a little, but not as bad as I anticipated.  I have a dull ache in my ankles, feet and Achilles area, but no real pain.  My quads don't hurt, but they do feel heavy.

Today's plan is pretty simple.  I'm going to walk for a half hour or so on my lunch break and this evening I'll go to Planet Fitness in Irondequoit and do a short, slow run on the treadmill and lift weights for a little bit.  I won't be lifting heavy tonight.  Just enough to get my upper body moving.  My shoulders and back felt very tight yesterday.  I'm hoping to build a little more strength in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions and suggestions are always appreciated. I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are an a$$hole.