Monday, August 30, 2010

Starting Active Recovery

I'm a little bit sore after running the Green Lakes 50k yesterday.  Rather than sit around I figured it would be a good idea to get moving so I walked to Planet Fitness in Irondequoit.  It is only 1.8 miles away but I felt like I'd die on the walk.  Between being tired, partially dehydrated and back in the sun the walk was a little rough.

I got to the gym and enjoyed the AC for a minute while I refilled my water bottle.  I wanted a very light workout so I started with three sets of assisted pullups (I love this machine), and moved on to three sets of 12 reps on the lat pulldown, shoulder press and chest press machines.  I normally prefer to use free weights but I thought the machines would be a little safer in my already fatigued state.

After the quick resistance workout I hopped on the bike for a half hour and pedaled at a nice relaxed rate just to get the blood flowing through my legs.  Then I grabbed a shower and hitched a ride home.  Didn't quite feel like walking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions and suggestions are always appreciated. I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are an a$$hole.