Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Core Strength Workout Options

I've known for quite a while that I need to work on my core strength. The big problem with that is most core exercises are boring. I need to find something that will keep me interested. I stopped at Barnes and Noble on my lunch break and picked up a couple of books. the first is "Core Performance Endurance" by Mark Verstegen. This looks like a basic core workout book with all the familiar exercises. Not really what I want, but the book was cheap and maybe reading it will motivate me to get started.


I've read a lot recently about Kettlebell workouts. They seems like a little more fun and appear to be pretty effective. I picked up a copy of "Body Strong: Kettlebell Blitz Beginner Program" by Paul and Robyn Bova. It's a small booklet that gives instruction on the basic kettlebell moves and has a beginner's workout built in. I'm excited to start this one.




I'll curl up with one of these books tonight and hopefully get started on a core program very soon. I'll post a review of each book after I finish reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions and suggestions are always appreciated. I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are an a$$hole.