Monday, July 26, 2010

No Running, Just Baseball

As you know, I coach a 15 year and under baseball team.  Playoffs start on Wednesday and we will most likely face a pitcher that throws a very good curveball and changeup.  The last time we faced this kid the team had a lot of difficulty hitting off of him.  Tonight I had the bright idea to throw batting practice for the kids, but throw lots of curveballs and changeups to keep them off balance and get them used to waiting on the pitch.

By the end of the night the kids were hitting pretty well and their confidence is pretty high.  That's the good point.  On the down side, three hours of pitching with lots of curveballs has my shoulder, hips and back very worn out.  I won't be running tonight as planned.  At least I can consider this a good cross training workout.

Today has become a non-running day and Wednesday will likely be a non-running day.  I plan to do a smi-long run tomorrow, rest Wednesday, run semi-long on Thursday and run easy on Friday and Saturday.  That will get me back to a long trail run on Sunday.  It's a loose plan, but it's a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions and suggestions are always appreciated. I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are an a$$hole.