Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mendon Ponds Park Trail Run

As I was getting ready for my evening run (ie. eating a sandwich and taking a nap in the A/C) I got a text from Chrissy asking if she could join me on my run.  Good deal.  It's always nice to have company.

The run was pretty uneventful.  We did the 6.5 mile loop around East Esker and North Meadow trails.  We kept a nice, easy pace and chatted as we ran.  We walked two or three steep uphills, but ran most of them.  It felt pretty good.  It was nice to have a running partner to talk to.  Keeping the conversation going stopped us from running too fast as well.

After the run we walked over to the South Meadow trail planning to do a three mile walk.  We looped all the way around and came off on the road.  Not thinking we walked in the wrong direction for a mile or two before realizing the cars were parked back at the other trail.  Our short walk turned into about six miles.  All together we were on our feet for about 2.5 hours.  Not too bad.  Felt very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions and suggestions are always appreciated. I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are an a$$hole.