Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kettlebells, Hills Repeats and Comfortably Fast Miles

I picked up a 35 pound kettlebell to start getting my core in shape.  Spent 45 minutes with two arm swings, one arm swings, single arm rows, sumo rows and around the body passes.  I'll try to keep a slow, controlled pace for the first few kettlebell workouts until I get used to the movements.  It was a pretty decent workout.

After the kettlebells I hit my hill for some repeats.  Did three miles up and down the hill then ran four additional miles on flat ground at a comfortably hard pace.  I want get used to running fast with fatigued legs.

As normal I'm recovering with a nice, tall glass of chocolate milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, questions and suggestions are always appreciated. I reserve the right to delete your comment if you are an a$$hole.